The Capranica

Comments on theology and life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hemet, California, United States

Co-Pastor of First Baptist Church of San Jacinto, California

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Hiatus is Over

The blog hiatus is finished. For ten days I attended classes at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. I was privileged to study with Dr. Daniel Block, outgoing professor of Old Testament interpretation at Southern (Dr. Block is moving this week to Wheaton College). The class was perhaps one of the best academic experiences I have had to date. Dr. Block is a profound student of the Word of God and his life is thoroughly impacted by what he has gleaned from God's truth. My life was thoroughly impacted by the time spent with him. Another highlight of the time away was becoming better acquainted with the members of my cohort. God has providentially provided good friendships with four godly men, a few of which have stumbled into "The Capranica" lately. David Cox, a fellow cohort student and Missouri pastor, is "The Cap's" latest fan and we warmly welcome him. So, the break is over and its back to regular contributions at "The Capranica." I'm looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annabel said...

Good to have you back. Have missed ya!

6/21/2005 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Meirose said...

Isn't it THE Southern Baptist University? :-)

Big Chris
Because I said so

6/21/2005 06:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home