The Capranica

Comments on theology and life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hemet, California, United States

Co-Pastor of First Baptist Church of San Jacinto, California

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Sinai in San Jacinto

Yesterday marked the first brush fire of the summer for us here in Southern California, and this one was close to home. The mountain range to the south of where I live was ablaze yesterday, producing some awesome and ominous pictures (if I can figure out how to post pics, I'll see what I can do to put one up here). I couldn't resist telling a number of our folks at church last night that I had the urge to preach outdoors from Exodus 19 on the smoking Mt. Sinai and the glory of God. Thankfully, no homes in our area were lost and no injuries. With the large amount of rain we have had this winter there is a large amount of growth. With the triple digit temperatures we expect, the growth will quickly become fodder for future fires. Keep us in your prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annabel said...

Bret,
An easy way to post pics is to use a program called "Hello".
Here's a link to it.
http://www.hello.com/

If you would like to post pictures like I learned to do, I'll be glad to put them on a web page where you can link to them. Just let me know.

Jennifer

6/23/2005 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Bret Capranica said...

Thanks Jennifer. I got a hold of "Hello" but due to current time restraints have not really played around with it.

I'd be interested in learning more about how you are posting your pics. I have a web site I could use, but . . .

6/24/2005 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Annabel said...

I'll be glad to give you the code you need... all I did was copy it from another website and then paste my links into it. I don't know much about html, but know enough where to find kind of what I'm looking for and have figured it out through trial and error.

I've been so busy this week with speech camp I don't know what to do with myself. But I do have a date tonight with Brian, his girls and Josh. It should be interesting.

6/24/2005 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home