The Capranica

Comments on theology and life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hemet, California, United States

Co-Pastor of First Baptist Church of San Jacinto, California

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Internet Explorer 7.0

2-9-06 UPDATED: Tim Challies points us to the new IE 7.0 in beta version - with tabbed browsing (of which I am very addicted). I downloaded it this morning and will be trying it out through the day. I'll let you know how it goes. Well, actually, I encountered my first frustration with it. I went to post this blog about IE 7 througth my freshly installed IE browser - yet - when I type in the posting window, the text is white - I CAN'T SEE IT. So, I fired up my trusty Firefox and all is well. Thus - I'm posting about IE 7 from my Firefox browser. Is this a glimpse of frustrations to come? UPDATE (THURSDAY 12:19 p.m.): So far: Positive:

  • Colors and graphics are clearer than Firefox
  • So far it works with my Fingerprint Reader (Christmas gift - Firefox doesn't work) - THIS IS BECOMING A REAL POSITIVE FEATURE
  • It starts up faster than Firefox (not a huge issue)
  • The QuickTab feater is excellent: I can view all open tabs in Thumbnail size and go to any of them quickly.
  • It has its own feedreader capability. It checks a page for an RSS or Atom feed. You can then subscribe to it and it will automatically check for updates to the feed. I'm playing with this one.
Equal:
  • Tabbed browsing
  • Include certain folders on the links toolbar

Negative:

  • Loads pages slower than firefox
  • Firefox is easier to use in organizing links
  • Still have some problems posting with Blogger
  • Does not have near the toolbar or add-ons available as Firefox (i.e., no blogger toolbar that I've seen)
  • The right click options are not as extensive as Firefox (i.e., In Firefox I can right click on an item in my favorites drop down list and choose to open it in another tab).
  • Firefox has more search engine options to choose from for the Search Engine Tool Bar

6 Comments:

Blogger The Resident Writer said...

Please say hello to Kelly for me, and thank you for your hospitality and gifts. Spending time witth the pastor of the FBC of H and his wife was a highlight of that weekend, and an evidence of God's providence, as we would be in that area anyway.

2/07/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Bret Capranica said...

Hey Jen - It took me a minute to figure out who JenM was, but I think I did. Kelly says HI - keep in touch and say hello to Jay for us.

2/07/2006 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger The Resident Writer said...

I usually do (say hello to Jay.)

2/07/2006 02:45:00 PM  
Blogger Scott Hill said...

Fingerprint recongnizer? You must be the James Bond of Pastors.

2/08/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Scott Hill said...

Fingerprint recongnizer? You must be the James Bond of Pastors.

2/08/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Bret Capranica said...

Oh yes - the Fingerprint reader is WAY cool. I updated the post and included a link.

2/09/2006 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home