The Capranica

Comments on theology and life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hemet, California, United States

Co-Pastor of First Baptist Church of San Jacinto, California

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Some Interesting Items of Note This Week

This week was a week to catch up on a number of items after not only a week away in Kentucky for class but also a few weeks of being out of pocket due to illness and the holidays. I did have a few opportunities to read some interesting blog articles this week. Here's a few I enjoyed: Adrian Warnock's interview with Justin Taylor (John Piper's editor). Justin's blog is where I first learned about the blogosphere. Looks like Justin is also headed to Wheaton as an editor at Crossway and the ESV Bible. Mark Dever's comments on blogging and reading. Mark Driscoll's new blog. The article on Schuller is an interesting read. Jerry Wragg's article on the loss of genuine exegesis, not only in our pulpits but our blog commenting. I found this very intersting. I am in the process of asking a number of pastors and expository preachers what they actually do in preparation for preaching. I have found that while many call themselves expositors, exegesis is very limited in weekly work they do. Significant interaction with the biblical languages is extremely limited. This issue will have some to do with my doctoral project, so I'm sure I'll have a few more things to say about this later. One more thing. Chris Meirose pointed me to a few ways to increase the speed of my Firefox browser. Wow! Thanks Chris, very helpful! The Capranica Villa has dominated most of my time today. While we are in the house, we are slowly unpacking, decorating and getting back to normal. I was able to get much of my study finished and some work in our living room. This has been a project I hope not to repeat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose said...

I was surprized at how much it sped up my Firefox. I have DSL (256k that runs about 200k) and it really did double or triple the speed of the load of pages.

So you're welcome!

Big Chris
Because I said so blog

1/24/2006 08:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home